MR-MMK - MiataRoadster motor mounts kit
|1989 - 2005
As used on our National Championship race cars, MiataRoadster Delrin solid motor mounts minimize engine/transmission rotational torque rocking which can cause missed shifts.
Our unique design is round, eliminating any need to clock the position of a rectangular shaped mount.
Compared to both the factory’s standard and "competition" rubber motor mounts, MiataRoadster Delrin mounts are superior because:
• Delrin doesn’t break down from contact with the petroleum-based fluids (gas and oil) present in the engine bay.
• Delrin doesn’t break down from the extreme heat of the engine, exhaust manifold, turbo, and exhaust.
Due to increased noise, vibration, and harshness that will be transmitted to the interior of the car, we only recommend our solid motor mounts for use on dedicated race cars. (For street cars, check out the AWR urethane mounts which are available in three hardnesses.)
(2) Delrin motor mounts
(2) M10 × 1.25 × 85mm L ASTM A193 Grade B7 Steel studs
(4) M10 × 1.25 silver Zinc plated Steel Nyloc nuts
(4) M10 × 1.25 silver Zinc plated Steel jam nuts
(4) M10 ID silver Zinc plated Steel thick fender washers
NOTE: Jam nuts holding studs centered in the mounts can be finger tight. Outer nuts, use factory torque spec of 42-57 ft-lbs.